Val(a)IDE is an integrated development environment (IDE) for the Vala language . The software is itself written in Vala.
Initially developed by Nicolas Joseph and Yu Feng, the project stayed quiet for a little more than two years. I took over development to fix bugs and add some functionalities.
Changes can be tracked on Launchpad : https://code.launchpad.net/~tarnyko/valide/trunk
* Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise Pangolin" :
32-bit : ValaIDE-0.7.2_(UBUNTU12).tar.bz2 (3.14 Mb)
64-bit : ValaIDE-0.7.2_(UBUNTU12)(AMD64).tar.bz2 (3.13 Mb)
* Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid Lynx" :
32-bit : ValaIDE-0.7.2_(UBUNTU10).tar.bz2 (4.90 Mb)
64-bit : ValaIDE-0.7.2_(UBUNTU10)(AMD64).tar.bz2 (5.13 Mb)
* Debian 6.0 "Squeeze" :
32-bit : ValaIDE-0.7.2_(DEBIAN60).tar.bz2 (4.93 Mb)
64-bit : ValaIDE-0.7.2_(DEBIAN60)(AMD64).tar.bz2 (5.13 Mb)
* RHEL/CentOS 6.0 :
32-bit : ValaIDE-0.7.2_(CENTOS60).tar.bz2 (3.32 Mb)
64-bit : ValaIDE-0.7.2_(CENTOS60)(AMD64).tar.bz2 (3.37 Mb)
(read "z_Readme.txt" - install with the "z_Install.sh" script)
valide-0.7.2_(TARNYKO).tgz (1.49 Mb)
Main improvements :
- The GUI has been enhanced : creating a new file immediately asks for its name, adding and removing files to a project opens and closes matching tabs, the last used save folder is now memorized, etc ;
- Autocompletion now works for all Vala packages (provided the package was added in the project options) ;
- Autocompletion now works on Windows, too.
Main bugfixes :
- no more random crashes on "Save all", "Close all", "Add a file...", "Remove a file..." ;
- the IDE now renders correctly on a resolution inferior to 1024x768 ;
- many Windows-specific bugfixes (crashes, URL opening, external file opening...)
- progressive autocompletion (while typing symbols' characters) ;
- integrate a RAD Glade panel ;
- port to Mac OS X ;
- migrate to GTK+ 3.