(note : links updated for ValaWinPKG 0.9d)
It is difficult, under the Windows© version of Vala, to find and install the good versions of additional libraries (most of
them being packaged for Linux). ValaWinPKG takes care of all this by downloading libraries from a central repository and installing them on your system.
Partial list of supported functions :
- connects to HTTP (web) repositories, using a standard file format ;
- uses repos by priority order, switching to the next in case of failure ;
- tracks packages installs/uninstalls ;
- verifies all possible conflicts (existing files, etc), asks at worse for confirmation;
- logs all notable actions.
Partial list of available packages :
- SDL (image, mixer, gfx...)
- LibSoup, LibPoppler, LibGee, LibGSF...
- SQLite, MySQL
Packages to come :
Tutorial is here.